Attorney at Law
Heidi Buechner is an attorney at Sparks Law. Heidi is licensed in Georgia and Florida and specializes in the area of corporate formation, business transactional matters and professional licensing regulatory compliance. Heidi is admitted to the Superior Court of Fulton County, Georgia and the Supreme Court of the State of Florida.
After graduating from Tulane University Law School, Heidi worked as an attorney with King & Spalding, LLP, an AM LAW 100 law firm, and the Georgia Department of Banking & Finance, in the Mortgage and Money Service Licensing Division. Prior to joining Sparks Law, Heidi started a solo practice in Florida, Heidi Buechner Law, PLLC, focusing on small business legal services.
SPARKS LAW Atlanta, GA
Attorney at Law
- Provides advice and guidance and advises business owners in various corporate transactional matters, such as corporate formation, employment matters and compliance.
HEIDI BUECHNER LAW, PPLC Atlanta, GA
- Assisted corporate clients in a variety of business transactional matters, including drafting and reviewing contracts, providing guidance on compliance matters and advising on the law.
GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF BANKING & FINANCE Atlanta, GA
Attorney, Non-Depository Financial Institutions
- Advised Department employees and Commissioner on legal issues related to the regulation of Licensed Mortgage Lenders and Servicers, Mortgage Brokers and Mortgage Loan Originators.
KING & SPALDING, LLP Atlanta, GA
- Managed teams of attorneys and support staff for mass tort and government investigatory corporate matters.
SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA LEGAL SERVICES New Orleans, LA
- Provided legal assistance to indigent clients and their children in New Orleans, following Hurricane Katrina
FIRST JUDICIAL CIRCUIT COURT OF FLORIDA Pensacola, FL
Judicial Clerk Intern
- Assisted Staff Attorneys in advising Judges, working primarily on Criminal litigation and post-conviction matters
Pro Bono Experience/Community Contributions
- PENSACOLA HABITAT FOR HUMANITY
- MEMBER OF GEORGIA REAL ESTATE FRAUD PREVENTION & AWARENESS COALITION (G.R.E.F.P.A.C.)
- UNITED WAY TEAM CAPTAIN
- HABITAT FOR HUMANITY ATLANTA- WILLS ON WHEELS PROGRAM
- GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF BANKING AND FINANCE GOLD MEDAL AWARD
- KING & SPALDING PRO BONO SERVICE AWARD
- TULANE UNIVERSITY LAW SCHOOL, NEW ORLEANS, LA (2003-2006)
Juris Doctor, 2006
- UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA, GAINESVILLE, FL (1999-2003)
Bachelor of Arts Degree, History, 2003